Anne's Reviews > Gotham Central Deluxe Edition, Book 1: In the Line of Duty

1720620
Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: comics, graphic-novels, read-in-2011
Read from August 29 to September 04, 2011

Gotham Central tells the stories of the different police detectives in the GPD. Batman makes a few cameos, but really he has little to nothing to do with what goes on in this book.
This was not my cuppa. I thought the art was ugly, and I like a heavy dose of spandex-clad superheroes in my graphic novels, so I really doubt I'll be revisiting these books any time soon.
But.
Even though I don't care for this kind of crime drama story, it was really well written. If you enjoy reading stuff like Whiteout, then I have a feeling you would love Gotham Central.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gotham Central Deluxe Edition, Book 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Logan Reading it, and its pretty solid! I feel this is what the Gotham tv series is trying to be but fails.

Anne I'm going to come back to this one next year, and try to finish it out. Still haven't seen Gotham! LOL

Logan Anne wrote: "I'm going to come back to this one next year, and try to finish it out. Still haven't seen Gotham! LOL"

Its not as good as Gotham Central but its not too bad!

Anne I need to play catch-up. The only one I'm following now is Flash. Do you like that one?

Logan Oh ya I love The Flash! I don't think it's as good as Arrow but it is my second favorite super hero series! The Constantine tv series is also excellent!

Anne What?! Flash blows Arrow out of the water!
*defriends Logan*
Kidding!
I prefer Flash, because...well, it's better. Obviously. ;)
I need to catch up on Constantine, too. I watched the first two episodes, then lost track. I have to watch it on my laptop, and most of the time the kids are playing games on it.
So, yeah. I'm sure they'll give it back...eventually. Right?

Logan Anne wrote: "What?! Flash blows Arrow out of the water!
*defriends Logan*
Kidding!
I prefer Flash, because...well, it's better. Obviously. ;)
I need to catch up on Constantine, too. I watched the first two epi..."

Lol they will give it back, not! (sarcasm)

Anne I was afraid of that. :(