Anne's Reviews > Gotham Central Deluxe Edition, Book 1: In the Line of Duty

1720620
Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: comics, graphic-novels, read-in-2011
Read from August 29 to September 04, 2011

Gotham Central tells the stories of the different police detectives in the GPD. Batman makes a few cameos, but really he has little to nothing to do with what goes on in this book.
This was not my cuppa. I thought the art was ugly, and I like a heavy dose of spandex-clad superheroes in my graphic novels, so I really doubt I'll be revisiting these books any time soon.
But.
Even though I don't care for this kind of crime drama story, it was really well written. If you enjoy reading stuff like Whiteout, then I have a feeling you would love Gotham Central.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gotham Central Deluxe Edition, Book 1.

Logan Reading it, and its pretty solid! I feel this is what the Gotham tv series is trying to be but fails.

Anne I'm going to come back to this one next year, and try to finish it out. Still haven't seen Gotham! LOL

Logan Anne wrote: "I'm going to come back to this one next year, and try to finish it out. Still haven't seen Gotham! LOL"

Its not as good as Gotham Central but its not too bad!

Anne I need to play catch-up. The only one I'm following now is Flash. Do you like that one?

Logan Oh ya I love The Flash! I don't think it's as good as Arrow but it is my second favorite super hero series! The Constantine tv series is also excellent!

Anne What?! Flash blows Arrow out of the water!
*defriends Logan*
Kidding!
I prefer Flash, because...well, it's better. Obviously. ;)
I need to catch up on Constantine, too. I watched the first two episodes, then lost track. I have to watch it on my laptop, and most of the time the kids are playing games on it.
So, yeah. I'm sure they'll give it back...eventually. Right?

Logan Anne wrote: "What?! Flash blows Arrow out of the water!
*defriends Logan*
Kidding!
I prefer Flash, because...well, it's better. Obviously. ;)
I need to catch up on Constantine, too. I watched the first two epi..."

Lol they will give it back, not! (sarcasm)

Anne I was afraid of that. :(

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh It's a shame that this one didn't work for you. GC is probably my all time favorite series. You do have to accept the fact that Batman is a minor character and embrace the police procedural side of the story. When I look for new reading material, GC is the standard I look for. I agree with Logan, this is what the TV series wishes it could be.

message 10: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne You know, I should probably come back and reread this one. Everyone else in the world can't be wrong. LOL

message 11: by Josh (new)

Josh It's all good. I know what it's like to hate something everyone else loves. It seems like I'm alone in hating The Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns. When I read other poeple's reviews of them, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

message 12: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne Seriously? I didn't care for Watchmen, and I've put of TDKR because so many of my friends said it was total crap.
That's one of the reasons I think I should come back to GC now that I'm older somewhat more mature. I don't think I gave it a fair shake.