Rachel's Reviews > Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross

Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read in July, 2011

David and Alice Pepin’s marriage is falling apart. When Alice is found dead, David is the prime suspect. The two detectives assigned to the case have their own problems with their wives. Detective Ward Hastroll’s wife has taken to her bed and refuses to leave it and Detective Sam Sheppard was convicted of killing his own wife several years ago and then later exonerated.

This book was fabulous. It’s hard to get too much into the plot without giving something away but the twists took my breath away and left my head spinning. It’s really three books in one – David and Alice’s story, Sam’s story (which is based on the true story of Sam Sheppard, the real life man that The Fugitive is based on) and a little primer on Alfred Hitchcock and his movies. This book is like a Twilight Zone episode or Alfred Hitchcock movie. It’s the kind of book that I immediately wanted to reread once I finished it because I knew I would catch so much more the second time through.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. Fans of Fight Club, Alfred Hitchcock movies or The Fifth Element will especially love it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Peanut.