Carla-Book Monster Reviews's Reviews > Darker After Midnight

Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian

Jan 11, 12

Read from December 25, 2011 to January 11, 2012

Carla's Review

Midnight Breed is one of the first paranormal romance books I read and I instantly fell in love with the creative and original world Lara Adrian created. The characters stick with you, well after the story has ended and you are always left clamoring for the next book. Every book in this series was great but I have to say that Darker After Midnight is the EPIC book of the series and was truly phenomenal. I really can't give much details without giving away spoilers, so I will do my best to give you a summary.

When Deeper Than Midnight ended, Sterling Chase risked his life by running out of the compound and surrendering himself to the human police and that is where we find him when Darker After Midnight begins. He wanted to give Lucan, the rest of the Order and their mates a chance to flee the compound before the police found them. Chase is now locked up and the bloodlust is riding him hard but he will do what needs to be done in order to save the Order and their mates, the only ones he considers his family and friends. When Tavia Fairchild arrives at the police station for a line up, all hell breaks loose. When Chase meets up again with Tavia, he learns that she is much more than anyone could have expected, to him and to the Breed, and he will stop at nothing to protect her.

Tavia Fairchild is the assistant to a United States senator who also happens to be Dragos' newest minion. Tavia knows nothing about vampires or things that go bump in the night so when she sees Chase for what he really is, and in the throes of bloodlust no less, she thinks he is a monster that's on a killing spree. Tavia's life has been turned upside down. Everything she's ever known is not what it seemed and now Dragos is after her. Utterly alone and weary of who to trust, Tavia decides to go after Dragos to put a stop to his madness.

We also get to see quite a bit of Lucan in this book as well. Lucan is faced with some of the toughest decisions he's ever had to make for the safety of the Order and their mates. After the fiasco that happened at the end of Deeper Than Midnight, Lucan must decide whether or not to flee the compound. And if they flee, where will they go? The biggest test he faces is when Dragos puts his last horrendous plan into motion and puts the entire world into chaos. Now it's up to Lucan to clean up the mess and to try and save the Breed species.

With that said, SO much happens in this book and I don't want to give anything away, so I will not say anything more. This book can be read as a standalone, but I definitely recommend reading the series in order because you will not want to miss any of the events that led up to Darker After Midnight. You will fall in love with the world Lara created and all of the characters in it. This book is a MUST read for all Midnight Breed fans, as the story line from the previous books comes to a conclusion and opens up a new world for the Breed. Truly an EPIC read!!

I give DARKER AFTER MIDNIGHT 5 stars (but..if I could give it more I would)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darker After Midnight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle Glad you enjoyed it!

Debi Ash I was glad to find others who enjoyed it as much as I did! This is the start of a new path, I am sure! Great review!