Sheri Salatin's Reviews > Firethorn

Firethorn by Ronie Kendig

1957523
Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: wishlist, favorites, military-tactics, romantic-suspense
Recommended to Sheri by: find books by title / author / isbn
Read from January 08 to 16, 2012

Commitment. Intensity. Pain. Betrayal. Trust. Love. Respect.

I could probably write a hundred plus words that would describe the emotions and feelings wrapped up in this book.

This story follows Griffin Riddell “Legend”. Framed and imprisoned for a murder he didn’t commit, all hope is lost. Meanwhile the rest of the Nightshade team has been attacked and scattered around the world. Maimed and missing, only one man knows where they all are and he’s not talking.

Kazi, or Kacie Whitcomb as she has dubbed herself, is on mission. Her job? To free the Nightshade team. Her reward? Freedom from the chains of slavery.

Against almost impossible odds Kazi starts with freeing Legend from a maximum security prison and must keep him in line and under her control as they race across the sea to free the rest of the team.

They encounter betrayal, death, and problems bigger than them all.

Honestly, I feel that anything I could say about this book would be inadequate. The action, the tension, the intensity grabbed me around the neck squeezing the air from it. Cover to cover, I don’t think I took a single breath. Ronie Kendig’s tagline is Rapid-Fire Fiction. She is one hundred percent correct in that.

If you’re not into intense stories with heavy violence and pain, find something else. However, if you are up for the challenge to see what men and women give up everyday for us to enjoy our freedoms, read this book. It barely scratches the surface of the sacrifices made to give us the freedoms we enjoy today, but it paints a very vivid picture.

Well done, Ronie Kendig. A great conclusion to a wonderful series.

I give it 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firethorn.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan On my wish list too! I'm patiently waiting for it to come out.

Sheri Salatin I just got it on my Kindle to review. Saving it for my trip to Texas next week to read it :)