Lora's Reviews > Curran, Vol. II: Fathers and Sons

Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
Read in August, 2011, read count: 1

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Curran's POV Vol 2 shows what happened right after the final chapter of Magic Bleeds. The Beast Clans must explain their homicidal intentions toward Kate while Curran was comatose. In short, the Beast Lord is pissed and fur is about to fly.

I liked this more than the previous Curran POV. Although Curran is just out of bed when this takes place, he still has his usual drive and power and he has every right to be mad for how his people treated his mate while he was lying in a bed dying. When the going gets tough, you see who's truly loyal. Apparently Curran doesn't have as many loyal followers as you'd think.

A lot of the Alphas and Betas are skeptical of Kate's ability to be the female Alpha and they don't believe she's worthy to be the Beast Lord's mate. (As if it's their decision on that!) I think it comes down to jealousy. People are always hungry for power, and second in command is a high place to be.

These looks into Curran's head are fun and fascinating and I hope Gordan writes more in future. I highly recommend both this and Curran's POV Vol 1 to all fans of the Kate Daniels series.

You can read this short story here for free.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curran, Vol. II.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Lora on where to find it.