Beatrix's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack- Piano Solo

Pride and Prejudice by Dario Marianelli

F_50x66
Aug 29, 11

Read in August, 2011

It's a very wonderful story, talks about the beauty of love and how this thing can affect one person's life. It all started with Mr Bingley, a wealthy young bachelor, moving into Netherfield Park in the neighbourhood of the Bennet family. Mr Bingley is soon well-received, while his friend Mr Darcy makes a less favourable first impression by appearing proud and condescending. When Elizabeth Bennet overhears herself slighted by Mr Darcy, she forms a prejudice against him. Mr Bingley singles out Elizabeth's elder sister, Jane, for particular attention and it soon becomes apparent that they have formed an attachment to one another. I love the character of Elizabeth Bennet who is the protagonist of the novel and the reader sees the unfolding plot and the other characters mostly from her viewpoint. She is the second of the Bennet daughters, she's intelligent, lively, attractive, and witty, but with a tendency to judge on first impressions and perhaps to be a little selective of the evidence upon which she bases her judgments. As the plot begins, her closest relationships are with her father, her sister Jane, her aunt Mrs Gardiner, and her best friend Charlotte Lucas. While Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy however is the main male character who appears to be a handsome, tall, and intelligent man, but not convivial, his aloof decorum and rectitude are seen by many as an excessive pride and concern for social status. However, he makes a poor impression on strangers, but is valued by those who know him well.rude, handsome and rich man. Mr Darcy is the wealthy owner of the famous family estate of Pemberley in Derbyshire. I like how the story revolve between the two main characters and how different their social status was, that they was able to proved that it's not a hindrance between two wonderful people who truly love each other. Jane Austen's work reveals the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality and I think that's what this book is all about.This novel retains readers like me fascination to value my family, to stand for my principles in life and to believe in the beauty of Love, that someday I'll be able to find that man who's worth the risk and is worthy of my love. Thus, this novel is my all time favorite book.
1 like · likeflag