Bryan Worra's Reviews > Blipsoak01

Blipsoak01 by Tan Lin

Aug 28, 2011

it was ok

This is the kind of book I always seem to run into when hanging out with Barbara Jane Reyes and Oscar Bermeo. Tan Lin's BlipSoak01 is one of those books of poetry where I can appreciate what Tan Lin is trying to do. But while I experience it, it's difficult for me to say I "enjoy" it in the conventional sense of the word.

To be fair, I often dive into a book of poetry randomly first rather than starting at the beginning. But even were I to start at the beginning, I'd find myself immersed in textual dislocation. There are moments of coherence, then not. Edges of images, something being said. Do I need 324 pages of it? In a way, I'm happy to own one of the 500 copies of this book, but as it sits balefully on my bookshelf glaring at me, yes, I'm left with a sense of 'why?'

In a modern world of so much text that is possible to read, I admit a particular curiosity as to who exactly really reads this fully. Who ARE the other 499 people in the world who have a copy of this book? And what do THEY do with it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blipsoak01.