Ebookwormy's Reviews > Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker

Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly by Phyllis Pellman Good

May 08, 08

bookshelves: cooking, reference, non-fiction

If I could only own one, I would buy this one over the original, "Fix-it-and-Forget-About-It".

My one critique of the original book was that many of the recipes lack any concern for nutritional content -- this edition addresses that problem nicely. Cutting out fat is the starting point, but I did notice some recipes that still rely on high carb/ sugar, or sodium for flavor, but these faults are more easily repaired.

FROM MY ORIGINAL REVIEW:
This is an excellent resource for crock pot cooking. Being able to assemble dinner in the morning and know it is cooking away and you don't have to worry about it for the day is a WONDERFUL feeling. It is also a nice way to cook in the summer as the crock pot throws off less heat than my oven. I have been very happy with the recipes I've made, as well as the breadth of this book (soups, main meals, meat, ect.).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly.