Paige's Reviews > Crazy Beautiful

Aug 28, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011-books
Read from August 28 to 29, 2011

I had really high hopes for this book just by looking at the cover and reading the synopsis, but was instantly put off when i discovered the characters ages.

It's honestly not right that I judged this book so soon once I found out they were only 15, but the plot and characters just seemed so insignificant and basic. I found it hard, being almost 18 years old to connect to such young characters.

If you take away the age, the story was good, but there just wasn't very much interaction between Aurora Belle and Lucius Wolfe. They had a more long distance longing for each other.

You did learn quite a lot about their family lives. After Lucius blew up his house and lost his arms, his family is very distant and hostile towards him. I felt very sorry for him. I couldn't believe a family would treat their son that way even after what he did.

Opposite of that is Aurora's family. With the passing of her mother, she and her father have really come together. They are very close and support one another.

The story is definitely one about teaching others not to judge people before you know them. For everyone has a past.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Beautiful.

08/29/2011 "It's a little young for a 17 year old to read, but I'm trying to not let that bother me."