The Bookologist's Reviews > Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: to-read, arcs-i-own, for-review
Read in August, 2011

Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of zombies, Bad Taste in Boys is definitely an exception! With it's hilarious and charming characters, Bad Taste in Boys is a refreshing read from the typical dark and serious paranormal novels. The novel is zombie-packed along with romance and paranormal put together.

Harris's writing kept me rapt within her high school atmosphere of zombies until the very last page. There was a great mix of zombies, romance, and paranormal. The romance and love interest in the story was well-balanced. It did not over dominate the plot of the story; it was just light, not too serious, and didn't have much sizzle. Despite that, it was still very sweet and endearing.

Kate's personality was so relatable, that's what got me to like her even more. She was so utterly intelligent and had me laughing at times. Her voice was so real and honest. She was that type of girl who always took charge. Also, her slight obsession with Aaron, a football quarterback was realistic and very cute too. And then there's Jonah, Kate's brother! He was just awesome… too awesome. He was always trying to help protect Kate. Even though he was quite dorky, he still had a great sense of humor! I loved the sibling relationship between Kate and Jonah!

Readers who enjoy zombies are sure to love this, and even readers who aren't such big fans of zombies (like me!) will still enjoy Bad Taste in Boys. It's full of awesome.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Taste in Boys.