Amanda's Reviews > Alias: Disappeared

Alias by Lynn Mason

Apr 16, 08

bookshelves: fer-teenagers-kids-and-younguns, 2008
Read in April, 2008

My brain hurts, and this book is all I can handle. It's not very Alias-like. More Mousetrap-like. What a waste of some good Sydney Bristow time...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alias.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie What is this book???

I'm actually about to watch an episode of Alias on DVD (I blame the writers' strike).

Amanda Oooh, Val, do you like Alias? I watched the whole series. Loved it. Except for when it got stupid in the last season.

Whenever I see these books in the used book store, I grab them up! I think they were written for YA, because there's a lot of "crushing" going on in the damn things. Whatev. But she still goes on spy missions and kicks ass.

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I do like it. But you're right - I'm on the second to last season (last DVD), and at this point I'm glad it's almost done (I just need to see how they wind it up, you know?).

I think the show jumped the shark when Lauren was trying to kill Vaughn, and he shot her, and then he was making out with Sydney, but Lauren got back up and was about to kill them both and then Vaughn just shot her about 50-gazillion more times.

Also, I'm just telling you that if they don't get that Rimbaldi artifact assembled and running - or destroyed for all time - by the end of the season, I'm going to be pissed!

Amanda Oh, geez, I don't remember what happens in which season. Let me know when you're done watching the whole thing so we can discuss. I don't want to spoil. But that damn Rimbaldi just keeps coming up. Stupid obsessed Sloane...

I was quite thrilled when Vaughn admitted he really loves Sydney. It's how it should be. Also, I love the character of Sydney's mother. You just never know whether she's a good guy or a bad guy. It's awesome!

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie If there's one thing I've learned from watching Alias, it's: trust no one! I have my suspicions about Sydney's sister... and I have to admit that if Sloane turns out to be a good guy in the end, I'll be kind of disappointed.

I'll let you know when I'm done. One more season to go.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null I loved Alias. When I went to see Young Frankenstein's preview in Seattle, and discovered I was sitting right next to Victor Garber, I almost wet myself. My husband played it cool and struck up a conversation with him about Damn Yankees. I think he was impressed that we knew him as something other than SpyDaddy.

Sean Hayes was sitting next to us too. True story.

message 7: by brian (new)

brian   the first two seasons are the two most enjoyable seasons of television ever. after that it went steadily down...

message 8: by brian (last edited Apr 17, 2008 06:51PM) (new)

brian   oh yeah... whenever anyone asks those, 'if you could sleep with five people' type questions... sydney (not jennifer) is always my #1. truth be told, vaughn probably has a spot there, as well...

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Their real-life fling kind of ruined Sydney and Vaughn for me. I have to admit that I kind of have a thing for Marshall, though.

message 10: by whichwaydidshego? (last edited Apr 18, 2008 12:58AM) (new)

whichwaydidshego? Brian, I just love your comments. I always end up exploring some place new because I have to see what the hell context would evoke such a remark.

I agree that Sydney, not Jennifer, would have to be in my top five as well. I mean, come ON!! Nosomuch Vaughn, but Eric maybe. Hey, I like 'em cool but slightly geeky! The best friend thing was kinda hot, too.

Oh and am completely aligned with the brain hurting thing, Amanda.

message 11: by brian (new)

brian   yeah, WWDSG, the best friend thing was great! when they dropped sydney's second life, her whiny, yuppie friends, and all the secrets she hadda keep... that's when it started to tank. (but that scene in which sydney busted into the room and kicked ass while will was tied to the chair... classic!)

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null Yeah, the fall of SD-6 was the fall of the show, in my opinion. Even though I hated Francie. She was annoying. Bradley Cooper was nice to look at so I tolerated Will.

I kinda had a thing for Marshall, too, Valerie. I heart smart and funny.

OK, I'll grant you, Michael Vartan's easy on the eyes. But his ability to only produce one facial expression bugged the hell out of me. Happy? Squinty-scowly face. Sad? Squinty-scowly face. Gonna kick some ass? Squinty-scowly face. Worried? Squinty-scowly face. You get the idea. Damn him and his furrowed brow!

message 13: by brian (last edited Apr 18, 2008 08:39AM) (new)

brian   sark, baby, sark...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Brian kind of looks like Sark...

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null Oh my God, Brian, Sark was the sexiest thing on that show! I was so excited when David Anders joined Heroes.

message 16: by brian (new)

brian   yeah, when sark and lauren were getting it on in his car after the heist... shit, that was hot! particularly b/c vaughn was all torn up over her. love it.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null I sort of thought Lauren was annoying. But Sark half nekkid is fine by me any day.

message 18: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I didn't like Lauren, either. I could never figure out why she spoke with an English accent when she was supposed to be an American (it sounded English to me, anyway).

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Null Didn't they explain that in one episode? Like, her father worked for the embassy in Britain or something? The actress is Austrailian, I think.

whichwaydidshego? Oh Sarah, wholeheartedly with you on the annoyance of Lauren and the hottie-hotness of Sark! But the polite bad-boy thing seriously worked for him (and me). Just wish he wasn't so damned short. ")

I don't even think Vaughn was all that great looking. It boggles how she dug him. I mean she's SYDNEY. She can have perfect hair, change it's color and style in two seconds and still have it be perfect all while running through a nightclub being shot at and using some mean karate moves, but she likes a milktoast face like that?? Ugh.

I did so love the time she and Will got it on all those months later! Woo-hoo!!!