Shannan's Reviews > I Still Dream About You

I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg

Aug 28, 11

Read in August, 2011

A Fannie Flagg book is like a symphony to me - more John Williams than Mozart - but nonetheless a fine orchestra of characters, driving plot points, characterization, and scenery. When I read anything by Ms. Flagg, I find that I am reading fast, tickled pink, and see more beauty in everyday life. Isn't that funny how a book can do that? Some may say that this book and some of her others are simplistic and way too idealistic, but in an age of Oprah book club selections where nothing but sadness, trouble, and heartache happen, I drink up this stuff. Sure, sad things happen in this book, characters die, but the way Fannie Flagg spins the angle of death doesn't make it seem so sad, more truthful to life. Whether the novel is set in the south (like this one) or set in the midwest (like welcome to world baby girl), they depict small town values, mostly good will towards men, feminism in its early stages, and surprising plot twists. Love, Love love!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Still Dream About You.