Randy's Reviews > Containment

Containment by Christian Cantrell

Aug 30, 11

Read from August 28 to 30, 2011

I really had to dig deep and get through this book. It had alot of cool ideas of future science and a great cliffhanger, but overall fell flat against all the techno babble.

I went into Containment with a good feeling, reading a few reviews on Goodreads and Amazon lead me to believe it was a quick story with a great twist. That said, the twist half way through was great but the science that lead to that point wasn't. Most of the times I tried to wrap my brain around everything Cantrell was writing about and just trying to make sense of it all. It's the biggest negative of the book, to much time is spent explaining every single piece of technology in detail that half the time I was completely lost. There would be moments of past and future tense, and this wouldn't be known until a few pages into the chapter, this became utterly annoying. I felt like I was reading an owners manual within a story.

That being said, I can't recommend the book for anyone wanting a quick to the point sci/fi tale, unless you want to wade through the countless pages of techno filler.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Containment.

08/29/2011