J.G. Keely's Reviews > The Lathe of Heaven

The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lathe of Heaven.

message 1: by Momentai (new) - added it

Momentai I just read a bunch of reviews on this book, and to my surprise a few of the people I trust really liked this book. If you ever get around to it, I can't wait to see what you think about it.

message 2: by J.G. Keely (new) - added it

J.G. Keely Yeah, when I was reading some of her other works, it was suggested to me as her best book. I'm definitely keeping an eye out.

message 3: by Momentai (new) - added it

Momentai Really? Her best work? It almost makes me feel a little sad about how I found out about her through an awful adaption of her "Tales from Earthsea" book series.

message 4: by J.G. Keely (new) - added it

J.G. Keely Yeah, that's what they say. It's unfortunate that most people know her from the Earthsea miniseries, especially since Earthsea is not supposed to be one of her better works, for all that it's well-known. From what I've read of her, she's an intelligent, complex writer, definitely a step above most genre authors.

message 5: by Momentai (new) - added it

Momentai Yeah, I guess that's why she's still writing and why Ceridwen loves her so much. Oh, but it's not the miniseries I was referring to, though now I may have to watch it, but from an animated movie that came out of Japan. It was actually given the "Worst Movie" award.