Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Love Inc.

Love Inc. by Yvonne Collins

Sep 01, 11

Read from August 31 to September 01, 2011

Posted on K-Books

First of all I just want to say a big thank you to Allison and Busby Publishing for sending me a review copy of this book.

When I received this for review I couldn't wait to start it. I am a huge fan of chic lit books and it sounded like such a great story. I was not disappointed in any way at all.

Zhara has the perfect boyfriend. Rico is sweet, loving and completely supports her in all of her dreams. It seems like everything is finally going right for her and he has reinforced her belief in love which has started to dwindle after her parent's split. But when she is forced to go to group counselling with other teens dealing with their parents split she meets Kali and Syd. a.k.a Rico's other two girlfriends, Kali is upset, Zhara is devastated but Syd is downright heartbroken. The unlikely trio band together to get back at him and what starts as a payback mission turns into an unlikely business and a very close friendship. As the girls help others with their love lives can they finally get over Rico and find their own happy ending?

I absolutely loved this book, there are no other words for how amazing it is. I love Zhara, she is just one of the best lead female characters in a book. She's devastated when she finds out about her 'perfect' boyfriends infidelity but she still managed to carry on and not let it get her down too much. I think she is the perfect role model for teenage girls whom this book is aimed at, I think she's awesome. I loved the other 2 lead girls as well but Zhara was out narrator so naturally I liked her better as you see everything she is feeling and you see the story through her eyes.

This book had me close to tears and laughing hysterically. I love that you see different cultures, her grandparents Pakistani roots mixed with her american customs she has grown up with and I loved seeing that as a side story. It's kind of like an identity crisis and she doesn't know what to do. I would hate to have a grandmother like hers, I honestly don't know how she coped with it but every scene her grandmother was in I was in hysterics laughing so much as the outrageous things she was doing. I loved most of the characters and I loved the crazy things the girls got up to while going about their 'business'.

This book is definitely about love, and anyone who is a sucker for a love story like me will not be disappointed but mainly it's about friendship and the power of friendship. It's a great uplifting story that shows no matter what happens at home and what walks of life you are from your family and friends are the most important thing.
I love this book and I will most definitely check out the authors other books. A great fun read that will have you laughing all the way through. I am so glad I got this for review and I would definitely read it again and again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Inc..

08/31/2011 page 44