Lynda Tatad's Reviews > Chicks Kick Butt

Chicks Kick Butt by Rachel Caine

Sep 02, 11

Read from August 28 to September 01, 2011

Like all anthologies, some stories are better than others. But, I loved the theme! Kick-ass heroines are found most often in the paranormal and urban fantasy stories, and there are a lot to enjoy in this anthology!

These were my faves, but other readers might have different faes:

Rachel Caine gives us a light hearted Weather Warden story in "Shiny" with a mischievous young Djinn who interrupts Joanne and David's plans for a nice picnic.

Rachel Vincent's "Hunt" has werecat Abby's camping weekend with her human friends ruined by hunters who are after her and know what she is!

Lilith Saint Crow's "Monsters" has a vampire teaming with a lycan to hunt the human killers who had decimated her charges and burned down her house.

"Vampires Prefer Blonds" is a PN Elrod story is set in 1937 where one of the dancers is being hunted down by a group of men, and only Bobbi Smith can recognize that there's a vampireafter this girl... since her boyfriend is one of the good kind of vampires.

I also enjoyed: Jenna Black's demon story "Nine Tenths of the Law" and Elizabeth Vaughn's fantasy "A Rose by Any Other Name Would Still be Red". Jeanne C. Stein contributes an Anna Strong story "Superman" and LA Banks "Wanted: Dead or Alive" has a bounty hunter whose life is changed dramatically when one of her targets turns out to be a vampire.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicks Kick Butt.