Tamara's Reviews > Yes Man

Yes Man by Danny Wallace

Mar 23, 10

bookshelves: flipped-through, fun-non-fiction, non-fiction
Read in March, 2010

I wanted to finish this book, but it seems I got stuck about halfway through and couldn't move forward. My favorite parts were the brief synopsis at the beginning of every chapter such as "Chapter 2: In which Daniel becomes increasingly excited" and "Chapter 8: In which Daniel lands himself in a spot of bother." I have decided any sentence that starts with "In which" will be funny.

On the other hand, Daniel's feigned innocence at the lack of sincerity behind email schemes made me want to scream. I mean, come on.

Favorite Quotes:

The first level of yes being: Saying yes to questions such as "Would you like some free money?," "How about one for the road?," "Would you like to see a picture of a pony?," and "Why don't you take the day off?"

I believe more in...people. The kindness of strangers. Mankind. That sort of thing.

I'm just saying that maybe sometimes it's riskier not to take a risk. Sometimes all you're guaranteeing is that things will stay the same. Sometimes it's more important to say yes to things than it is to say no.

You don't sponsor a small African boy for an ex! It totally sends out the wrong message! Never do that - it's like a rule!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yes Man.

message 1: by Bucko (new) - added it

Bucko I was seriously considering giving this book a try. I flipped few the first few pages and my interest was piqued. I think the obnoxious movie tie-in cover held me back.

message 2: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Those chapter titles remind me of those in Winnie-the-Pooh, so it makes sense that you like them!