liberal sprinkles's Reviews > Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home

Decorate by Holly Becker

F 50x66
Aug 28, 2011

bookshelves: home, home-decor, design, diy

I love Holly's blog Decor8 and I'm enjoying this book too. I was a bit overwhelmed when I first got it, I didn't know quite where to start; there's just so much to absorb and admire. Decorate is choke-ful of information, ideas and resources. It covers a range of style although it leans a little toward the country and vintage, shabby chic look.

I liked: the fountain of ideas and tips; the great photos and the use of visuals to explain concepts and ideas; the quotes on every facing page from designers, writers and other professionals; the house tours. The book makes interior decorating accessible to anyone and is filled with suggestions that are DIY-able and easy to realize in scope and budget.

There's so much in this book it's pretty easy to get lost in all that eye candy. But the book is divided into 4 sections (Space Matters; Setting Your Style; Room by Room; Attention to Detail) that helps you navigate this library of ideas and formulate your own creative plans.

Unless you're very specific about which style you like and it's not represented here, I think most readers will be able to take away at least a few things from this book. Excellent value for money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decorate.