Tom's Reviews > Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder by Thomas C. Stone

Nov 09, 2011

liked it
Read in August, 2011

Quick read. Smooth uncomplicated story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rolling Thunder.

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 9: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas Hah! And I won't be reading any more of your reviews!

message 8: by Tom (last edited Nov 09, 2011 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tom Mr. Stone -
My apologies if I offended you.

message 7: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas Oh man! I thought I was being funny. Who has the thin skin? Look, pal, if you like, I'll send you a coupon code or two so you can read something else by yours truly. Perhaps you were having a bad day while reading Rolling Thunder.

I've had my share of bad reviews so I'm aware that sometimes there's just no accounting for taste. I can say you are the first to comment that RT was a "chore to finish" and "predictable." As far as "uninspired," my goal for RT was to write a fast-paced story that was easy to read for a general audience. Maybe you want something a little more mind-bending? If so, try William Gibson, he's a great writer on another level altogether.

But now you've come back with a comment about professionalism and desirability and opening dialogues and such in order to "improve." That's a bit of a putdown, isn't it? So, I offer the same advice for you. Your "review" was quite short, more akin to a hit piece. Well, that's okay. While I may not be "professional" enough for you, I'm a big boy and can tolerate all types of negative comments, as baseless as they might be.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the story and, as I said, my initial comment was an attempt at humor. Again, I offer you another book or two, gratis free, to chew on. Let me know what you'd like and I'll send the codes.

And thanks for reading!

message 6: by Tom (last edited Nov 09, 2011 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tom Thanks. I'll check out William Gibson. Keep the coupons and diatribe for someone that might appreciate them more.

message 5: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas Hey Tom, this is me trying to be friendly. Diatribe? Not at all and sorry that's what you read into it. If you change your mind, let me know.

BTW, I'm working on a sequel to The Harry Irons Trilogy -- the three books together have gathered more than sixteen thousand downloads since mid-July with To The Stars sitting at 1st place on Amazon for the good part of a week. Perhaps that series would be more suitable to your taste?

message 4: by Tom (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tom Thomas, good to know. Amazon. Nice endorsement on your books. Congratz. I'll check them out. If you aren't familiar with Randolph Lalonde, check out his Broadcast series. IMHO, they were awesome. Hatchet buried.

message 3: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas Hey Tom. I just saw the hatchet piece you did on me at Smashwords. And I noticed you edited your comments above. Hatchet unburied, pal. What a tool.

message 2: by Tom (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tom Thomas wrote: "Hey Tom. I just saw the hatchet piece you did on me at Smashwords. And I noticed you edited your comments above. Hatchet unburied, pal. What a tool."

Thomas, you need to lighten up! Shees!

message 1: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas Tom wrote: "Thomas wrote: "Hey Tom. I just saw the hatchet piece you did on me at Smashwords. And I noticed you edited your comments above. Hatchet unburied, pal. What a tool."

Thomas, you need to lighten up!..."

And you need to be more honest.