Lainy's Reviews > Colorado Abduction

Aug 28, 11

Read on August 28, 2011, read count: 1

Blurb from Goodreads

A CITY SLICKER LIKE BURKE HAD NO BUSINESS BEING ON HER COLORADO RANCH

But Carolyn Carlisle knew she needed him. Not only was the Carlisle Ranch a target for sabotage just weeks before Christmas, but also her family had been threatened and danger lurked around every corner. Carolyn was used to being in charge, but incredibly sexy FBI agent J. D. Burke had other ideas. He was domineering, stubborn and vowed never to let an assignment turn personal. Still, with the enemy just as elusive as the agent's penetrating gaze, Carolyn secretly hoped Burke would let down his guard and act on their intense chemistry. Even if one amazing night ended up breaking her usually hardened heart.

My Review

Well Mills and Boons has changed since I last read them. Carolyns sister in law is kidnapped after an arguement with her brother and the actions starts from there. Before this the range had a deliberate fire and some other property damage, was someone warning them and now took it to another level?

Carolyn is a business woman who is as stubborn as she is head strong but finds herself attracted to the agent in charge.

To be honest the thriller part of the story is really good and I kept reading as I was intrigued to find out what happened. However the old mills and boon attraction crept in and whilst fine in the old books - during a high profile kidnapping would you really be thinking about how the agent would be in bed or him her? That did annoy and put me off a bit but the action of the murders and attacks definately made up for it.

My biggest complaint has to be the unanswered questions. Why the sudden change in the wife, what was said and discussed and more importantly why wasn't the reader kept in the loop? After doing a bit of searching there are another two books to the series so who knows maybe they revisit it in them and give us the answers. Maybe it is a selling point? As this book is free for download from Amazon maybe this is the authors ploy. I don't think I will be buying them though just yet however if they became free or very discount price I would certainly get the next two. 3/5 for me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Colorado Abduction.

08/28/2011 "Apparently a mills and boon book!"
08/28/2011
38.0% "A Mills and boons read no less, hello blast from the past"