Janne Varvára's Reviews > Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels
Read from August 28 to 29, 2011

Just like the graphic version of The Arctic Incident, this novel's well executed as a whole, only has some minor flaws.
I still don't much like the jumping from one first-person storyteller to the next, at least not in the same panel, that's very confusing, and a less than straightforward way of doing things. It would have been much better had it followed the original novel's third person form.
The art is good, but again I wish that it had been more characteristic, especially where characters are concerned.
The story and fantasy world are better explained in this first novel than in its sequel, but I suppose that's only natural, that if you haven't read the original novels, you should read this volume first.
Again, my favorite parts are the divine coloring and the landscapes, spesifically those of Fowl Manor.
Despite its flaws, this is still an enjoyable graphic novel, with lots of action, but it pays to have read the book first, to already have an established relationship with this world and its inhabitants.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.