Taryn Elliott's Reviews > Hearts in Darkness

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: all-time-fave
Read in August, 2011

Wow.
Just really a wow. My crit partner emailed me...and we were at work mind you. Totally shouldn't have been talking about books...and said....READ THIS BOOK.

And boy am I glad that I listen to my Crit partner at least 75% of the time. LOL

What an amazing book. Laughing, crying, aching for the hero...those are a few choice words for the book. I couldn't get over how amazingly fluid the story was and how much Cade needed someone to see the real man inside, underneath his armor.

Makenna was that woman.

Setting the majority of a book in one setting...especially one like an elevator...is a very hard thing to do. Especially when you have to keep the story rolling forward. Would this have worked if it was a straight erotic story in the elevator? Probably, but Mz Kaye went one step further and let us feel the awful pain of her hero, let him feel the passion, the mutual respect that came from a game of twenty questions and getting to know someone that maybe you wouldn't have normally given the time of day.

Using senses other than sight to make the attraction and chemistry come alive is a special talent. And let me tell you, Laura Kaye has it.

A truly lovely and touching story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts in Darkness.