Anita's Reviews > Hot Spell

Hot Spell by Emma Holly

Jan 03, 09

bookshelves: erotica, paranormal-romance, anthologies
Read in January, 2009

This is paranormal romance/erotica in a collection of 4 (very good) short stories. I definately recommend this book if you like steamy paranormal romance. All the sex is completely vanilla, but it is well written and passionate. The stories seem to be part of other paranormal series, though I was only familiar with two of them before reading this book.

Emma Holly story - Human widow falls for demon stripper in Bhamjran (matriarchal arabian-style society.)

Lora Leigh - Feline breed (genetically enhanced) man falls for girl next door. His nemesis tries to kidnap her.

Meljean Brook - A historical paranomal romance story that appears to be back story for an urban series. I didn't like it at first because I hate historical fiction, but the supernatural elements ended up interesting. Sort of angels vs. demons and vampires, but with more nuance.

Shiloh Walker - Definately got me interested in pursuing this series. This was an urban paranormal romance where vampires and weres live hidden among us. Werewolf king falls in love with vampire princess, dispite a major beef with the vamp king. Political intrigue abounds.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Spell.