Campbell's Reviews > Eona: The Last Dragoneye

Eona by Alison Goodman

Jul 25, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, sad, ya, mythical-creatures, series
Recommended to Campbell by: Lord Ido. Because I know him. Personally. Once upon a time, we dated. Actually, we still are dating. Yeah. Get you're eyes off my sexy Dragoneye lord.
Recommended for: Sethon Worshippers. Resistance Members. Lord Ido's fan club... The lot of you.
Read from August 24 to 27, 2011

No longer a man, no longer a lie, no longer the hopeless cripple that she once was only so short a time ago.

Eona, attempting to fit into her new, feminine body and mind, struggles to withstand the crushing weight of the hope of the Resistance riding on her shoulders.
A hope that withers, nearly dies, when they realize her womanhood to be more than a mere myth.

Crushed between her inability to use her power under the forceful desolation of the ten bereft dragons, broken from their Dragoneyes.
The distrust between her and the only family, friends, she has left.
The secrets laden heavy in her past, breaking into her present.
A hopeless attraction to the man she swore her friendship to.
A dark attraction to the man who brought all of the pain in the first place.
Can Eona find the strength to do what's right?

Can she find the path that will revive the land, the dragons, the people, and her own splintered soul?

Vastly unpredictable in places, though painfully expected in others, harsh events tear apart the only thing she has: hope. Written with a speed that compels the eyes to the pages, intricately sewn together with hints, slivers of truth, never fully coming together until it slams into your chest in one, final ending.

A choice between Love and Power.

They cannot coexist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eona.