Jaiden's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: immortals, crushes, 4-stars
Read in June, 2011

Originally posted at: http://girlzandtheirbooks.blogspot.co...

Evermore is about a girl who lost everything, her family, her home, most of her memories, her popularity, and her normalcy after a terrible car accident. She woke up in the hospital seeing people's auras and being able to read their thoughts and life story in one touch. And when she moves in with her aunt, an unmarried women with no kids and a busy schedule, she has to start all over again. New school, new friends, and a new level on the high school food chain. She is now labeled as a freak. Ever can't help but blame everything on herself and ask one question over an over again: "Why me?" Now when new kid Damen Auguste moves into town and is adamant about getting her attention, which who wouldn't mind that! He is totally HOTT!!, her life takes another twist. Ever and Damen have a past. A past that will take a lot of patience to understand. Secrets will be revealed and love is undeniable but will she be able to survive it?

Ok so this is kind of an old read but I wanted to still do a review of it. So the whole series is out FYI!! :) Honestly, I really like the first book! Ever is insecure and normally I really hate those type of characters. I tolerated her in the first book because of Damen. Oh Damen!! I really liked him! He was uber cute, mysterious, and a trouble maker. Everything about this first book I liked. After reading this one I bought the second, which I thought was ok.

I decided to by the third, hoping it would get better and I would be drawn in more but sadly, it failed me. I didn't continue buying this series and didn't even finish. I stopped at book three. Ever got to annoying, Damen lost his likableness, the plot went down hill and splattered. I think I might have like them more if she wouldn't have dragged on so much.

Yes, that's it. Alyson Noel just dragged these books out to far. She would have been better of with just a trilogy. I felt like she didn't know what else to write about so she just made it up as she went. I loved the "evil boy" in this book! She did a good job at that. I am giving this book four stars because I really liked this book!!

If you like an immortal story of love and loss then pick it up at maybe like the library or borrow it from someone! Who know you might really like this series! but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I hate to ever stear anyone away from reading a certain book and try to stay positive but sometimes there is only so muh you can say. My summary: Great first book in the series! Fill free to try it out and see what you think but beware of some pot holes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.