Kelli's Reviews > Quentins

Quentins by Maeve Binchy

Sep 11, 11

bookshelves: present-day-fiction
Read from September 10 to 11, 2011

Maeve Binchy makes you feel right at home with her books. She burrows in a softness and coziness right as the first chapter opens. But while I like this one much better than "circle of friends", I do have a hard time with Maeve Binchy's stories. For what they are, I think they are too long. I love the Irish culture that is written in and the array of characters. Except, for a novel, its much to long. For short stories, Maeve Binchy would be stellar. But its just really difficult for me to keep reading a novel with multiple stories that ends up being 400+ pages long. This is probably going to be the last Binchy novel I try. As much as I enjoy the coziness of the writing, I quickly lose interest with the characters and find myself longing to watch a docu or movie on Ireland life. Rather than dig thru the 400 pages of novel.
Plus the main character is stupid. I did not enjoy the story line of dating a married man. Not cool. I don't like to read something that makes my stomach feel queasy with disgust.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quentins.