Lura (The Life of Serendipity)'s Reviews > Blood Song

Blood Song by Cat Adams

Aug 27, 11

Read from August 23 to 27, 2011

Bodyguard Celia Graves piles her trade in a world where vampires roam the night and movie stars openly practice witchcraft, where cops use memory enhancement spells on witnesses and street-corner psychics have real powers. And ordinary , Celia use her street smarts- and charmed weapons to protect the rich and famous.

Celia is guarding the prince of a small but politically vital nation while he tours Los Angele's least savory hot spots when she is attacked by a master vampire.

Expecting to die, Celia is shocked to wake strapped to a table in university lat. She has become an Abomination, neither fully mortal nor fully vampire. When she's accused of murder, the cops aren't sure if she should be locked up or just staked. And then there's the demon she glimpsed during the vampire attack...

Struggling to cope with her new powers and trying not to terrify everyone she meets with a flash of fangs, Celia reachers out for help from her once (and future?) lover, a powerful mage; his warrior-priest brother; a handsome werewolf who keeps his lupine nature hidden; and elderly clairvoyant; and the one cop she trusts.

Celia Graves has three days to save the world, her sanity, and her soul.

I picked this book up by the look of the cover, and what I read on the back cover. I thought it sounded new and different and very, very, interesting. Well at first glanced I thought I would end up loving it, but as you can see what I rated it I was, sad to say, slightly to disappointed. I didn't think that I wouldn't have loved the book, but I was taken by surprise. I didn't love it, but it was a good read.

Plot - ☆ ☆ ☆ The plot was really well thought out, but that is all. It's a good plot, but as I read through it I found myself having a hard time following it. At times I would just say to hell with it and throw the book down and not pick it up for awhile. Now don't go and make the decision and not try and read the book. Just because I didn't enjoy it as much as I wish I did, doesn't mean you won't enjoy it.

Writing - ☆ ☆ ☆ The writing was simple at best. I found myself reading paragraph after paragraph and I didn't feel that much challenged, not in the least. It was a little to simple for my taste and I found myself getting bored easily, and that is never a good thing for a reader of any genre of book.

Characters - ☆ ☆ ☆ The characters were the only thing that I really enjoyed of this book. They were interesting and I found myself wanting to learn more about the characters, then I wanted to read the book. I wanted to learn about them all, about their past, present, and future.

Now after finishing Blood Song I will most likely read the next book, Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2).

Overall I give this book ☆ ☆ ☆ - no more and no less!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Song.