Melbourne on my mind's Reviews > Something Borrowed

Nov 29, 14

bookshelves: chick-lit, contemporary, 2014
Read from November 29 to 30, 2014, read count: 2

30/11/2014
On reread, I'm bumping this down from 4 stars to 2 stars. Past!Kirsti really enjoyed this. Present!Kirsti wanted to punch most of the characters in the face for extreme stupidity. Dex is a controlling asshat. Darcy's written as a bitch that we're supposed to hate, thereby eradicating any chance of the reader thinking that Rachel's in the wrong for having an affair with her best friend's fiance. And Rachel? Rachel is a spineless idiot who thinks to herself time and time again that what she's doing is wrong, but doesn't care because "Darcy gets everything wah poor me".

Basically the only reason I'm not giving this one star is because of Hillary and Ethan, both of whom are like "GIRL. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. STOP" to Rachel on a regular basis.

24/8/2011
I bought this at the airport because I'd run out of books to keep me entertained on a flight, and was expecting your standard fluffy read-and-forget chick lit. But I actually really enjoyed it, and I'll probably hunt down a copy of the sequel at some point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed.

11/28/2014 marked as: currently-reading
11/28/2014 page 1
0.0% "I'm curious to see how I feel about this on reread. Although the fact that my copy has John Krasinski's face on the cover is an unexpected added bonus."
11/29/2014 page 106
32.0% "So, uh, Dex is an asshat. Rachel informs him that they shouldn't be doing whatever the hell it is they're doing, and his response was "We have to". Oh really? You HAVE to cheat on your fiancee with her best friend? You HAVE to?? Yes, Darcy's a nightmare of a character, but DUDE. STFU. And Rachel needs to find a backbone and use her words."
11/29/2014 marked as: read