Luckylyn86's Reviews > Juliet Immortal

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

The opening was what drew me in. The snarky, sadistic personality of Romeo was fun and interesting, but soon afterwards my interest dropped off. The love story was drawn far too quickly and was far too contrived and full of cliches to really have me rooting for them. Outside of that, the plot of mercenaries and ambassadors was too weakly developed to really create a believable, exciting story. Also, the characters were too wishy-washy especially Juliet/Ariel who doesn't make up her mind to the very end. I understand that she's meant to be conflicted, but through her confusions she poses the same questions over and over again that just becomes annoying to the reader. What if Romeo is telling the truth? How can I save Ben's soul when I am in love with him? How can I love Ben when I know there's no future for us? Blah, blah, blah! The ending also seemed way out of left field. I'm not even sure I understood what utimately happened to Romeo. Too weird. In the end, I finished it because it was a short read, but it really didn't interest me in the least. I gave it two stars only because the premise of Shakespeare's tragedy being a lie was clever--too bad the author couldn't deliver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet Immortal.