Talizmyn's Reviews > Stay

Stay by C.C. Jackson

Aug 26, 11

bookshelves: e-books, young-adult, romance, reviews, 2011
Read in August, 2011

Why is there a butterfly on the cover of a book about fairies?

There's a few things that are a little odd, with Stay. The main issue for me was the writing style, as well as the characters reactions to both each other and the situations. The writing is far too formal, and at times it was as if I am reading a very serious textbook - if this is Callie's voice, she does not speak as a teen or young adult would. Other times, sentences end abruptly and the tense changes. It's just awkward.

Additionally, Callie, along with the other characters, are... weird. They act erratically and hold no appeal. I just could not care about them. There are many sentences phrased awkwardly, or do not fit with the writing style.

The thing is... I really dislike weak main characters. Characters that need to follow someone, or can't do anything without the one they "love". Callie is one of these characters.. and once this becomes apparent in a novel or series, for me, it's really a point of no return. The novel cannot be redeemed.

Still, if you want a quick read and have $0.99 to spare for an e-book, you may still find it to be worth it. There are people who enjoy Stay, obviously. I am just not one of 'em.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay.