Jade's Reviews > Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

Sep 19, 11

I thought Jane Eyre was a wonderful novel that began to give women some independence and feelings. Jane is such a strong female character and I loved reading her grow and mature throughout the story. She is more of a woman than I ever will be. It's amazing she could survive with family who hated her, survive the boarding school from hell, leave the love of her life, starve on the streets, and still end up ok. This is the ultimate story of endurance in hardship, because this poor girl faces nothing but hardship for a long time.

Part of the charm in this book is its realistic qualities and a main character you can relate to as a reader. She's not extraordinarily beautiful and she's got a good mix of good and bad that happens in her life. She's not one of those charmed girls that are difficult to read about.

Overall, I really enjoyed Charlotte Bronte's book because she does have a wonderful female protagonist and a great story of endurance and growth with sprinkles of humor. She writes originally and without influence which makes her book entertaining to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Eyre.