anarki's Reviews > Fight Club

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Jul 07, 15

bookshelves: re-read, real-horrorshow
Read in September, 2011, read count: 3

You do not talk about Fight Club.
108 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fight Club.

Quotes anarki Liked

Chuck Palahniuk
“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“The things you used to own, now they own you.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“Today is the sort of day where the sun only comes up to humiliate you.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“I’ve met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, “Why?”
Why did I cause so much pain?
Didn’t I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness?
Can’t I see how we’re all manifestations of love?
I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God’s got this all wrong.
We are not special.
We are not crap or trash, either.
We just are.
We just are, and what happens just happens.
And God says, “No, that’s not right.”
Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can’t teach God anything.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy
“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“I don't want to die without any scars.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“It's not love or anything, but I think I like you, too.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“I’m breaking my attachment to physical power and possessions, because only through destroying myself can I discover the greater power of my spirit.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“I wanted to destroy everything beautiful I'd never have.”

Chuck Palahniuk
“I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.”

09/28/2011 page 47
22.0% "This is your life, and it's ending on moment at a time. Sick logotherapeutic nihilism. COOL"
09/29/2011 page 112
51.0% ""If you don't know what you want," Tyler says, "you'll end up with a lot of what you don't." This beginning make me realize how much of this book is in the song "Between Angels and Insects" by Papa Roach! Viva La Cucaracha! Vila Chuck!"
09/29/2011 page 112
51.0% ""If you don't know what you want," Tyler says, "you'll end up with a lot of what you don't." This beginning make me realize how much of this book is in the song "Between Angels and Insects" by Papa Roach! Viva La Cucaracha! Viva Chuck"
09/29/2011 page 112
51.0% ""If you don't know what you want," Tyler says, "you'll end up with a lot of what you don't." This is beginning to make me realize how much of this book is in the song "Between Angels and Insects" by Papa Roach! Viva La Cucaracha! Viva La Chuck!"
09/30/2011 page 112
51.0% "On halt."
10/02/2011 page 218
100.0% "one of a kind. hands downs*"
show 3 hidden updates…

Helena best review i've read

message 2: by Dragonsfire (new)

Dragonsfire Agreed

Shari Harrington Best. Review. Ever.

Beatrice Iparis true that!