Meredith Schorr's Reviews > The "What If" Guy

The "What If" Guy by Brooke Moss

Sep 12, 11

I really enjoyed this book about a couple's second chance in love. Mostly because I've often wanted a second chance with someone and have not gotten one and so reading about someone else's second chance allowed me to live vicariously! The characters and the relationships in this book felt very real, especially between the main character, Autumn and her son Elliot and Autumn and her father. And I enjoyed reading about life in a small town. Being a resident of New York City, Fairfield was a far cry from my 'hood!

I would have given this book five stars if it weren't for two things that bothered me. The first was Holly's birth scene. I thought it was out of character for Holly to suddenly be the type of women who would be comfortable giving birth in front of a room full of people. Not that there is anything wrong with that but until that point, there was no indication that Holly was so non-traditional. The scene grossed me out and I didn't think it added any value to the book. The other thing that bothered me were that some of the arguments/misunderstandings between Autumn and Henry seemed a bit far-fetched and if one actually screamed to the other, "Listen to me for the love of God!", things could have been resolved much quicker...I would have liked "meatier" conflict between the two of them.

But definitely an enjoyable, touching and often humorous read. I would definitely read this author again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The "What If" Guy.

09/06/2011