Laura Carson's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: owned, favorites, paranormal, vamp
Read in January, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Quotes Laura Liked

Richelle Mead
“The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work." When he didn't say anything, I tried to grip his shirt, but my fingers were too weak. "Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

Richelle Mead
“Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.” I smiled and fell asleep.”

Richelle Mead
“Do you think I'm pretty?
I think you're beautiful
You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.”

Richelle Mead
“Lissa and I had been friends ever since kindergarten, when our teacher had paired us up together for writing lessons. Forcing five-year-olds to spell Vasilisa Dragomir and Rosemarie Hathaway was beyond cruel, and we’d—or rather, I’d—responded appropriately. I’d chucked my book at out teacher and called her a fascist bastard. I hadn’t known what those words meant, but I’d known how to hit a moving target.
Lissa and I had been inseparable ever since.”

Richelle Mead
“The greatest and most powerful revolutions often start very quietly, hidden in the shadows. Remember that.”

12/09/2011 page 20
01/14/2012 page 100
30.0% "Much better"
01/16/2012 page 107
32.0% "Haha I had to read "Ralph burst into flames" twice. Lmao I REALLY like Christian!"

Amanda You will love this series!

Susie Oh, this is good. One of the best for YA.

Serena I agree! One of fav series YA or otherwise :-).

Amanda Definitely one of my favs!

MISS VAIN Mine too!

Laura Carson Ok, I was a little skeptical at first, but I fell in love! I can't wait to pick up the next one. Thanks ladies!

MISS VAIN Awesome!! Glad you love it Laura.:))

Amanda Glad u liked it! I knew u would! Love me some Dimitri!!