Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R's Reviews > The Renfield Syndrome

The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare

Sep 22, 2011

bookshelves: pnr-fantasy, favorites, top-fav-2011
Read from September 10 to 12, 2011

YAY!!!! Rhonda finally finished this novel and we have hooked up to write an awesome joint review. Check it out here on our blog http://samsawesomness.blogspot.com/20...

or If you're feeling lazy,read it here. LOL!!!

Rhonda: J.A. Sarre had me at “Undead” (Dead, Undead or Somewhere In Between, Rhiannon’s Law #1 ) I loved that book so much, and Renfield Syndrome has been a highly anticipated book for me. I was super excited that Elena decided to join me on this crazy, awesome ride, even though she left me in the dust. LOL!

Elena: I do have a tendency of leaving my friends in a buddy read behind. BUT, all for a good reason. I just can’t help it! If you haven't read this series, then smack yourself upside your head, cause you deserve it! Hehe.... It's such a crazy, suspenseful, mind-blogging series! Edge of your seat and biting your finger nail kinda good! I'm hanging by a thread here. Waiting for the next novel is complete torture! Grrrrrr......

Rhonda: If you’re a lover of PNR and UF, this series does not disappoint!! Vampires, Werewolves, and Demons OH MY!! Rhiannon strikes a bargain with a demon, and is catapulted 101 years into the future, to a demonic post apocalyptic New York in search of Disco, her oh so sexy vampire boyfriend, to try and fulfill her end of the bargain.

Elena: What Rhonda said above, I’d take her in on her opinion if I were you. I assure you, she’s not lying. After Rhiannon falls flat on her ass, into the future,101 years later in NY, to a city she no longer recognizes. My first thought was, " Oh No! She was suppose to go back and have more smexin with Disco", My heart thumped, spasmed and skipped a beat at that thought. Back to the story. Who the hell does Zagan think he is? Yeah, I know, a creepy Demon that takes advantages of bargains and debts owed.Creep De-Lou Bastard. Back to the topic again.... Rhiannon has to fulfill her part of the bargain, the bargain she made to Zagan. Which was to give one message to Disco. What message? Read it, and find out :P I can tell you one thing, "Mad shite goes down in this novel"!!

Rhonda: Saare’s writing is top notch, she tells Rhiannon’s first person POV is flawlessly. Her Characterization is awesome, from Rhiannon’s bad-ass, witty, “don’t fuck with bull, you’ll get the horns” personality. To Paine… who just made my heart ache. All the secondary characters were really well developed too. This ride was crazy good, biting lip, twisting fingers kinda awesome!

Elena: Rhiannon’s character is so intriguing and easy to love. Actually, I wanna love all the characters in this novel forever and ever. Lol!! Whaaa? Can't I have a happily ever after? RIGHT.... In my dreams ahahaha..... Rhiannon, Disco and Paine = Pure hot tingly sensations that'll make your bones quiver! The word "HOT" doesn't symbolize their true nature of what they're made of. Whew! Everything is all good in their neighborhood. The person that broke my heart and shattered it to pieces was,Paine. Why oh why did the author take that direction with his story? Oh Helpmerhonda I almost passed out :P It took me so long to get used to things. I'm not sure if I ever will like him in that sorta way. Just because Disco will always be my one and only *Sighs* Although Disco p'd me off with his head invasion Grrr! All in all. Saare wrote such a phenomenal series that I'm so addicted to, I don't want it to ever end. EVER!

Rhonda: Okay, I'm gonna defend Disco here. That "Mind Invasion" was wrong, buuuuut.... I don't see any other way for him to believe in Rhiannon. Now Paine, he was really sweet, and I hope he gets his HEA, I was thinking about Jennifer, Rihannon's sister. What if Rhiannon has to take her to NY, and Paine finds the same..... traits in her that he finds in Rhiannon?? That would be awesome!!!! But Disco is da bomb, for sure!! Now the wait in on for book 3. Gaaaaahhhh!! Mrs. Saare, you torture me, and I loved every page!!

Elena: You got a point there Rhonda. Everyone is in the wrong in this novel. But it is what it is and I LOVE this book for all those reasons. *rubs hands together* Paine and Jennifer? Nice thinking!!

Our Interview With j.A Saare

4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Renfield Syndrome.

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen You guys are great. I love these types of reviews.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Awe! Thanks Jen! What made this review so easy to do, is that we both loved it just the same and has the same questions.

You really should read it, this book was even better than the first :D

message 3: by Rhonda (last edited Oct 01, 2011 02:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Thanks Jen!!!
This is the only time I get to click the like button on my review....sneaky!!! :-D

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Lol!! It's awesome. I wish I could like my own review. Well, technically our review, cause it's the shite!! Ahaha

Rhonda But you did.... By liking mine you liked yours..lol!!!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Ah Ha! Nice thinking :D You're a smart cookie Rhonda. I hope we can do more joint reviews in the future :)

Rhonda Me too!! ;-)