Fangtasia's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

The Invisible Chains - Part 3 by Andrew Ashling

Sep 03, 11

Read from August 30 to September 02, 2011

** spoiler alert ** The saga ends and I have to say it's an example on how to tell a story. While the previous two books were all about developing the characters and furthering all the different plots, this last book brings the conclusion in a way that is beyond all my expectations. Not only did Anaxantis go from runt of the litter to conqueror and vanquisher of all his enemies, including his father and two brothers, he also conquers himself.

I would have loved to have more, would have happily read a fourth book to see where Hermachridas and Arranulf go, if they go together; get to see more of Rahendo and Ryhunzo, who make the story worth reading all on their own; see Obie and his beloved be married and have at least a dozen kids, but most of all, I would have liked to see Anaxantis and Ehandar have an 'honest to goodness' HEA. It's all in the imagination, so I imagine it happened. Still, the author would have told it better.

My only peeve, and notice it didn't bother me enough to take any stars off, was the lack of grammar editing. Yes, I'm stupid that way, it yanks me out at times to stumble on little stuff like that, which could have been easily fixed.

Anyway, if you like epic romance with rugged, beautiful military men, this is an excellent choice. Don't pass it up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 3.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Td (new) - rated it 5 stars

Td Yes!!! I almost went all evil on you again, but decided to be nice...unless you want me to be...up to you...let me know...:D

Fangtasia Td wrote: "Yes!!! I almost went all evil on you again, but decided to be nice...unless you want me to be...up to you...let me know...:D"

By all means, be as evil as you want to me, as long as you keep recommending books as good as these three were!

message 3: by Td (new) - rated it 5 stars

Td Nothing too bad. This is on Andrew's website, I believe. Anyway, the story does continue. He's already 9 Chapters into The Invisible Hands bringing all your favorite characters back and well as more new ones. So, just hang in there. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for more. :D

Fangtasia Td wrote: "Nothing too bad. This is on Andrew's website, I believe. Anyway, the story does continue. He's already 9 Chapters into The Invisible Hands bringing all your favorite characters back and well as mor..."

YAY!!! This is outstanding news!