Dan Rimoldi's Reviews > Await Your Reply

bookshelves: favorites, lit-fic, read-in-2011, to-re-read
Recommended to Dan by: Goodreads
Read from October 20 to 24, 2011

Wow.

I really have to thank Goodreads for this. Before I got on this site, I had never heard of Dan Chaon or this book. So it's really all thanks to this community that I came across it and saw how highly recommended it is. I'm glad I came across it because this is a brilliant book.

Await Your Reply is a definite page turner from the beginning, especially when you consider where Chaon plops you into the narrative. The three storylines are weaved together beautifully and come together quite perfectly in the end.

But this is much more than just a page turning mystery. It's very well written and thought provoking. It gives you plenty to think about with regards to identity, which is especially relevant in this age of identity theft. It's amazing how a thing as fundamental as identity can be so fragile.

This is an incredible book. I don't think I could possibly recommend it enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Await Your Reply.

Quotes Dan Liked

Dan Chaon
“I never wanted to get to a point in my life where I knew what was going to happen next. I felt like most people just couldn't wait until they found themselves settled down into a routine and they didn't have to think about the next day, or the next year, or the next decade because it was all planned out for them. I can't understand how people can settle for having just one life.”
Dan Chaon, Await Your Reply