Mitchii's Reviews > The Boyfriend Thief

The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, chick-lit, drama, humour, realistic-fiction, young-adult
Read in August, 2011

I have this bad habit of reading books not in my currently-reading shelf. I’m quite stubborn that way. Anyways, I didn’t regret it because I ended up liking this book. It’s super cute. And in the spirit of gushing like a weird fangirl, IT IS SUPER CUTE! I really recommend it.

Avery is a very organized person and when she was paired in a project with the most hyper, easily distracted, with tons of ideas roaming inside of his head guy Zac (in short, her exact opposite)… things started to get interesting. They’re going to be business partner and they choose match making as their business. Sounds fun, right? And who knows it may lead to something else… if you know what I mean. The deal though was Zac is already attached—to her worst rival. But she didn’t expect when she approached her and asked to steal her boyfriend. Yes, she wanted her boyfriend to dump her! Sounds crazy, yes? If that didn’t get your attention, interest or whatever—seriously, where’s the fun in you?

No worries, it’s not all fun. In fact, I like the middle part where despite her great organizational skills she screwed up big time. And as you get to know more about Avery, you’ll know why she wanted things in control, predictable.

Zed is hard person to categorize. He isn’t this popular jock, or the boy next door. He’s different to all the clichés. He's got a great personality (he’s actually oozing of personalities and I liked all of them). He’s probably, if not, the most refreshing character I have the pleasure of reading. So I can’t blame Avery when she falls for him.

It is a nice book. I have fun, (I know I’m already sounding like a broken record). But it is!

So if you want a fun, nice, romantic with a little kick chick-lit, then how about trying this one out!

ETA: Loved this - “Don’t steal
anymore hearts,” he told me. “You’ve already got mine.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boyfriend Thief.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kassandra I like the quote.

Mitchii Kassandra wrote: "I like the quote."

Me too! It's sound cheesy but romantic at the same time. ;)

Liliana Saquicela I also tend to start reading books that are not in my currently-reading category!...it's good to know that I'm not the only one...pheww!:)