Amy's Reviews > Bonds of Justice

Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Aug 28, 2011

liked it
Read from August 21 to 27, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This one was better than the last. Still not my favorite in the series, but definitely getting back to Salini's better plots. One thing about Salini that drives me bonkers, though, is that so many times, I feel like I'm supposed to read her mind on parts of the story. Almost like an inside joke that I'm not privy to. It's never anything crucial, so I don't worry about it. But it can still be frustrating every now and then.
As for the plot, this story was different from the others in the fact that the main Psy character didn't end up leaving the Net. That was kind of strange, considering that the leopards have said throughout this book and the entire series that as long as a Psy stays connected to the Net, he/she is a threat to the rest of them. Yes, Sophia is "protected" by the NetMind and DarkMind, but that could end at any time.
I liked that Kaleb and Nikita's characters are really starting to develop. It's looking like Nikita might have similar "defects" to Sascha's, which is an interesting idea. I would really love it if Kaleb eventually turned out to be a good guy and got his own book/mate. Salini never comes right out and says that he's a "bad guy," but she does allude to the fact that he's killed a lot in his past. Judging by other stories, though, that doesn't exclude him from turning out to be a good guy. I'm just really interested to see how his character ends up playing out.
Overall, it was a good book. Lots of cameos from the other characters in the series, which is always nice. This series continues to be my second favorite so far (Dark-Hunter being my first). I can't wait to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonds of Justice.