Papercuts1's Reviews > Macbeth

Macbeth by A.J. Hartley

Oct 06, 14

Read from September 19 to 26, 2011

A must for every Macbeth fan! Entirely enthralling in content and narration. The writers give Macbeth and his entourage flesh and bones, taking the play to a grittier level that, at the same time, opens doors to understanding the tragic couples's actions. This is not a descent into madness, but a fatal journey triggered by blind ambition and wrong decisions. Masterful!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Macbeth.

10.0% "Macbeth as axe wielding warrior! The stage figure becomes an action hero in the first hour of this audio-only novel. So far, I'm loving the experiment. And the narrator's rolling Scottish drama voice is a perfect fit."
25.0% "Seems I'm spellbound. Wow, what a narration! Macbeth and his entourage are being equipped with more layers of character, making everyone's motives understandable."
50.0% "It had to happen. I've relapsed into my Shakespeare addiction, and I blame it on this audiobook. Witches, warriors and wicked deeds - what's not to love about that?!"
75.0% "Macbeth is spiraling toward the pits of hell, and the narrator is as bewitching as the weird sisters. A great, dramatic listen."
09/29/2014 marked as: currently-reading