Taylor's Reviews > Willow

Willow by Julia Hoban

U_50x66
Oct 12, 11

Read in January, 2011

Julia Hoban's, Willow, cuts through your attention. This book opens your eyes and realizes how people struggle, and physically hurt theirselves.
Willow was the kind of book that kept you on edge and didn't want to put down. It went in super good detail about how the character was feeling. Sometimes when she went in scene detail it felt like you were there.
This book shows how regular teenage girls life can change so much in such short time. I guess it somewhat showed and told why some people cut theirselves.
The setting throughout this story is just a regualr smallish town, with a college in the back yar. It is mainly told at the college, Willow's house, and her school.
This book doesn't really connect with me. But it opened my eyes on how harsh life could be living like that at that young of age. I could not imagine growing with my parents but at 15 losing them. I'm pretty sure i would shut everyone out of my life at first like Willow did. There's no way i would cut myself though.
I recommend people to read this book. It's more of a girlyish book cause there is love with a boy. Also because it is coming from a girl perspectives. I'm going to try to find more bookks by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willow.