Lou's Reviews > The Woman

The Woman by Jack Ketchum

May 26, 2012

bookshelves: adapted-to-screen, horror
Read from October 25 to 27, 2011

Oh poor reader do take care as the master of shock and terror has yet again served up a dish of vulgarity, brutality and kindness!
Family how wonderful it is, mum and dad brother and sister living as a happy family but it all goes completely out the window when Ketchum is writing!
He opens the plot up with the Woman and a woman in the truest sense she is, but also brutally too in-touch with wilderness and it’s savagery.

A hunter stumbles across a prey and brings it home and oh boy that’s the best decision he made otherwise we would not have such a shocking story to read.
He brought us Girl next door another shocker and does not fail in this novel, there are disturbing scenes of rape and torture so beware.
You will find yourself saying o.m.g many times as the cruelness of these characters unfold in the story, a story that does not let up in momentum and totally gets your attention.
The real gem is the way the story unfolds with some hidden secrets. I will not give anything away as that is what really made this a page turning read for me, being in the dark on information. We are an evil species us humans. I wonder at who you will be rooting for in this story that does show the brutality of people.
This is a must read and I am sure the movie is going to be a memorable one.
There is now Video interviews to watch on my webpage here he is a nice guy even though he is called the scariest guy in horror.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Find the movie trailer and review also @ http://more2read.com/?review=the-woman-by-jack-ketchum-lucky-mckee
21 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman.

♥ Marlene♥ Ooh Read the first sentence of your review and this means I must add this to my wish list. Thanks. yay!

message 2: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Thanks for the compliment nice to know I connected with some words.

message 3: by Glen (new) - added it

Glen Krisch I really want to read this after reading the first two.

message 4: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Glen wrote: "I really want to read this after reading the first two."
Yes I have not read them yet need to.

message 5: by Bethica (new) - added it

Bethica I love the way he is so brutally honest and sees right into the darkest heart of his characters.

message 6: by Glen (new) - added it

Glen Krisch And it never seems over the top. You used the right term--honest.

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue I LOVE this cover--and your comment!

message 8: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Sue wrote: "I LOVE this cover--and your comment!"

Many thanks.