Mandy's Reviews > Across Eternity

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: arc-reviewers-copy, ebook, three-stars
Read from August 26 to September 09, 2011

WHAT I THOUGHT

I would like to see this as a movie is what I thought.

It’s what you dream about, isn’t it, love that is so strong it lasts for eternity. In this case love lasted and travelled across time. Logan had waited a very long time for his love to be realised and oh what a love that was. Logan was completely and utterly in love with Amber and after finding her it didn’t take long for his love to be reciprocated, romance to blossom and deepen and become one of those everlasting loves which makes the heart feel full and like it’s cloaked in soft red velvet.

Across Eternity is a beautiful love story. I admit to being lost in the romance of it all. It just had this whimsical, romantic, good vibe about it. Right from the beginning I thought this was a fantastic idea for a novel and I loved the storyline. As mentioned above, I think it would be great for a movie and I already have in mind who will play the lead characters (which I’ll keep in my mind so as not to put pictures in your head if you are going to read this one).

Speaking of characters, I found them completely likeable and equally so. There was a realness about them and speaking of that, I read this like it could happen – didn’t find anything strange about the storyline at all. I mean, who knows, perhaps these kinds of things do happen in a roundabout kind of way and if they don’t then I still don’t think it is that far-fetched. For a love story of this kind there didn’t seem to be anything too fantastical about it – it was just meant to be.

And now I feel I must also mention the following:

The editing was not up to scratch and it altered my reading experience. It seemed to get worse the longer I kept reading and unfortunately it did take away my good vibe feeling and I believe it took away from the story. It has been a while since I read Across Eternity and so I cannot be more specific other than to say the editing was poor and it left a lasting impression.

However, I contacted Aris to give the heads up about my editing comment and was advised that I was provided with an uncorrected proof. Aris very kindly provided me with a corrected proof. Unfortunately I have not had time to re-read the updated version which Aris sent me so I cannot compare.

I mention this because I must give a true account of the copy I did read but please remember it was not the finished product.

And lastly I would like to say Aris has been very patient. I have very limited time to read from my computer and it was roughly 6 months before I read Across Eternity and following that it has been a further few months before I have posted this review (I was thinking I could read the updated version but decided I just don’t have the time).

My thanks to Aris Whittier for providing me with a copy of Across Eternity and for being so patient – thanks, Aris!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Across Eternity.