Bunny's Reviews > Little Red Riding Hood. Into the Forest Again

Recommended to Bunny by: Shaunda Kennedy Wenger
Recommended for: Kids 7 and under
Read on October 01, 2011 — I own a copy

** Originally posted on www.BunnyCates.com **

I was pleasantly surprised how cute this book is! Not only did Mrs Wenger write an entertaining retelling (with an important lesson) but she illustrated it perfectly! There are the cutest hand drawn sketches through out the book that helped give the story the visual aspect that is so important to younger readers. They are also “line art” type sketches, so I can imagine many a little one would love to give this art work their very own flair with splashes of crayons!

Much like the classic Red Riding Hood, this version has a lesson to be learned and that lesson is “don’t judge a book by its cover” so to speak. Throughout her journey to Grandmothers house, Red meets a lot of new fun friends. True to the original, Red gets quite a surprise when she reaches her destination.

As a mom, I could see reading this to/with say 3 to 6 or 7 year olds. The story is a little quick read, and I think is sure to entertain. “Challenge” wise it was definitely under Bug’s reading level. She is 5th grade reading on 8th grade level, but story wise – she smiled the whole way through so I would say it would be a great pick for like 7 years and under.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Red Riding Hood. Into the Forest Again.