Midu Hadi's Reviews > Blameless

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Apr 06, 14

bookshelves: vampires, shifters, science, romance, fantasy, hauntings-and-ghosts, historical, alternate-history, steampunk
Recommended for: paranormal fantasy and steampunk fans
Read from October 30 to November 01, 2011 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blameless.

Quotes Midu Liked

Gail Carriger
“Lyall understood a broken heart, but it could not be allowed to rumple perfectly good shirtwaists.”

Gail Carriger
“I am rather fond of ladybugs. They are so delightfully hemispherical.”

“Floote, what is going on? Do they think I
am contagious? Should I assure them I was
born with a nose this size?”

Gail Carriger
“Your father, madam, was fully cremated. I made absolutely certain.”
Alexia swallowed silently and then said fervently, “Thank you, Floote.”

Gail Carriger
“Lord Maccon, being Lord Maccon and good at such things, then changed, right there in the Thames, from dog-paddling wolf to large man treading water. He did so flawlessly, so that his head never went under the water. Professor Lyall suspected him of practicing such maneuvers in the bathtub.”

“Oh, my giddy aunt!”

Gail Carriger
“Professor Lyall, cursing his Alpha for departing so precipitously, balled up the piece of paper and, after minor consideration for the delicacy of the information it contained, ate it.”

Gail Carriger
“Really, Channing,” remonstrated Alexia, “did you have to eat the man’s dog? I am convinced you will experience terrible indigestion.”

Gail Carriger
“Ah, no, deployment was delayed after you left. Technical difficulties.”
“Oh?”
“Yes, it was technically difficult to leave a heartbroken Alpha.”

Gail Carriger
“She poked him in the center of his chest with two fingers to punctuate her words.
“You are an unfeeling”—poke —“traitorous”—poke—“mistrusting”—poke—“rude”—poke —“booby!”
Every poke turned him mortal, but Lord Maccon didn’t seem to mind it in the least. Instead he grabbed the hand that poked him and brought it to his lips. “You put it very well, my love.”