Karla's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Aug 25, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, fantasy, magical-realism, ya, romance, historical-romantic-fiction, twins, favorites
Read from September 18 to 25, 2011

Ever read a book so clever and masterful it left you with goose bumps and rendered you speechless with awe? This is an astounding work of illusion illuminated with impeccable writing that is infectious as it dazzled my senses. I'm famished, I hunger for more twisted tales Erin Morgenstern must have hidden up her sleeves. Although, this is listed as young adult it didn't read young. It's for readers that like to be manipulated to the bounds of their dreams and imaginations. The writing was just so appealing to me. It seems this author knew all my favorite descriptive words used them so well I had to pause at moments to savor. Erin Morgenstern is going to move forward like a blur. She could write a party invite and I would want it framed! I am truly her enchanted Rêveur ready to lead through time with my red scarf worn proudly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

Quotes Karla Liked

Erin Morgenstern
“The Burgess sisters arrived together. Tara and Lainie do a little bit of everything. Sometimes dancers, sometimes actresses. Once they were librarians, but that is a subject they will only discuss if heavily intoxicated.”

Erin Morgenstern
“The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones.”

Erin Morgenstern
“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows that they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.”

09/18/2011 page 62
16.0% "immersed into a peculiar world, entertained so far."
09/21/2011 page 191
49.0% ""The finest pleasures are always the unexpected ones" ~Tsukiko"
09/22/2011 page 257
66.0% 7 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Janelle (new) - added it

Janelle Karla, what do you think so far? I am debating picking this one up, but wasn't sure. I am afraid that I will compare it to Water For Elephants and be disappointed.

Karla It isn't at all like WFE it's very magical and the writing is intricate. Everything written leads to the ending I'm about finished and it is astonishing to me how brilliant this author is! The producer of the Harry Potter films has already bought film rights for this book as well. It is a young adult book but I would recommend it to older teens there is some intimacy between two lovers and scary moment or two.

message 3: by Janelle (new) - added it

Janelle Oh, sounds wonderful! Thanks for the info. I love following your reads and reviews. I know I will always find my next great read from you.

Karla Awwww.....thanks. Unless you can't stand the book...lol! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do though!

Heather Glad to see you gave it such a great review - I'm sure I won't be disappointed :) I honestly didn't realize it was young adult but yes there are a couple of moments with lovers that made me think it was not. Well, you learn something new everyday! :)