Monica's Reviews > The Bookman's Wake

The Bookman's Wake by John Dunning

Aug 31, 11

Read from August 25 to 31, 2011

“The Bookman’s Wake” is the second in John Dunning’s crime/mystery series featuring Cliff Janeway. And it’s every bit as good as the first one. The plot is complex, the characters are well developed. I fall a little more in love with Cliff in each book...imagine how I’ll feel when I reach the last in series (unless Dunning decides to bless us with a 6th book...please oh please).

I think what I like most about Dunning’s books is that the mystery takes place in the world of books. This one has almost a bit of crime noir atmosphere to it that makes it intensely appealing to me. Cliff Janeway has a solid heart and morals, he knows what right and wrong, and he fights on the side of right. He’s the type of man you could trust your life to.

There are many twists and turns in this book, as Janeway searches for Eleanor Rigby, The Raven, and anyone or anything that he can find that has something to do with Darryl Grayson, a small time printer with an obsession with flawless perfection. A solid read for me...looking forward to number three in the series.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bookman's Wake.

message 1: by ☔Diane S. (new)

☔Diane S. Love this series and I'm not sure but I think his last Janeway book was going to be it for this series.

Ellen I wish another book in this series was possible, but unfortunately John dunning suffered serious health issues and is unable to continue.

Monica I loved this series...it's one that will always be on my list of favourites!

Ellen I'm 3/4 through the Bookman's Wake now and totally into it. I wish he could find a way to continue the cliff Janeway series.