Austin's Reviews > The Informers

The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis

Aug 25, 2011

did not like it
Read from August 25 to September 01, 2011

Boring. Very boring. Extremely boring. I know that's the point when Ellis is writing about rich people, but it pretty much felt like I was reading the parts of Less Than Zero that ended up on the cutting room floor. About 70% there was some action, but it didn't really seem to fit the rest of the story, and by then I was just trying to finish it so I could get on to the next book. If you want to read about boring spoiled rich people, read American Psycho. If you want to read about boring spoiled rich people in LA, read Less Than Zero. If you want to bore yourself to tears, read this one.

I'm not an Ellis hater, I love his style, loved American Psycho. I think he is very capable of being funny and entertaining, but this is not his best. I read somewhere that he worked on these stories while writing Glamorama. It definitely feels like these were never meant to be published. Honestly, the best part is a mention of a guinea pig wearing a diamond necklace. Not even kidding. Save yourself the time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Informers.