Angel Charms's Reviews > Witchlanders

Witchlanders by Lena Coakley

Aug 25, 11

Read in August, 2011

Thanks to S&S Galley grab for the ARC.

The tale of Witchlander's surprised me when I first started reading it. I assumed the story would be told from a female POV (since a girl is on the cover) but it is told from not one, but two, different male's POV which definitely made it interesting to me. I think the author did a wonderful job identifying with her characters (Falpian and Ryder) even though they are very different and male. Not only did this story get my attention but it kept it. The romance aspect of the novel was a little on the dry side but that being said there was plenty of magic and action to make up for it. This is not some watered-down, lovey-dovey tale of witches that the YA world has been most famous for recently but instead a fresh, original tale where the witches are actually scary and can not only be read and loved by teenagers but a variety or readers as the characters are sophisticated and more adult like.

The only thing I did not like about this book was the ending- it left me hanging, wanting to read more so of course there's going to be a sequel and I hate waiting for books- I just want to read them all now :)

This book was "Bone-shakingly" good and I would recommend it to almost anyone- save for those simply looking for a "romance fix".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchlanders.