Chelsea's Reviews > The Complete Jessica Darling Series: Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings, Perfect Fifths

The Complete Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty

Aug 25, 11

I own a copy

Rather than individually review all 5 books, I'll do the series as a whole, but it may not do the books justice!
The series follow Jessica Darling, beginning when she is in highschool and finishing after her college years. Jessica Darling is one of my favorite female fictional characters. She is hilarious and an amazing, admirable writer. So is Megan Mccafferty, the author, for the way she portrays her. Darling has a dark and funny sense of humour throughout the entire series and a way with words I love and wish I had. Her experiences as a young teenage girl are interesting, fresh, and addictive. I couldn't stop reading to see what would happen next between her and Marcus.
The author nailed the confusion and awkwardness of young love and interactions with peers, as well as the bitter yet intelligent and realistic outlook on life some people have, in this case Jessica Darling. Any female writer/reader would devour this series; I highly recommend it. It will make you laugh out loud and possibly cry if you're anything like me. :)
I take a lot of influence from the way McCafferty develops her characters. They are each so complex and always changing and growing, while still staying the same in a lot of ways.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Jessica Darling Series.

message 1: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Im sure it is great and I know im going to cry.